Wednesday 2 December 2015

Progress of Production - Changes made to Front Cover




Initially, the front cover was the image on the left. However, after much deliberation, it was decided that the model's appearance was not suitable for the genre of my magazine (indie-/alternative-/folk-rock). She exuded more of an innocent and pure image despite the indie clothing and graffiti background. Moreover, I felt as though my first front cover lacked professionalism - there was no colour scheme and there was little variation in font sizes. In the end it resembled more of a pop-punk magazine, similar to Kerrang! or Rock Sound. Therefore, I used another model and changed the colour scheme. I much prefer the second front cover as it corresponds more with the grunge ambience that indie rock often emanates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment